- Experienced paediatric anaesthetists should care for children at high risk undergoing adenotonsillectomy (AT).
- The McGill oximetry score can be used for diagnostic purposes and perioperative risk stratification.
- Discharge planning after AT varies by institution, but should include monitoring of sedation.
- There is no single best multimodal anaesthetic or analgesic approach for pain after AT.
- Multiple factors, including pharmacogenomics, influence pain experienced after AT.
Investigator, CHEO Research Institute