My CHEO Story
My son has been in and out of CHEO since birth, and will continue to be followed until he reaches adulthood and transitions into the adult system. We have seen multiple specialties and are forever grateful for the life-saving care and ongoing support that we experience at CHEO. The CHEO team aren’t just healthcare providers- they’re family.
Why I'm involved
When Patient Partners are involved at program and organizational levels, we offer a unique perspective to discussions and help develop more nuanced views of issues. In research, we look at things from the participants’ perspectives, and hopefully enhance research, both for the research team and the participants.
- Provided Feedback on Patient-Oriented Research Child Health Curriculum – PORCCH
- CHEO and TOH My Chart Advisory Committee
- Research Project Reviewer: Mental Health
- Attended Pain Management Seminar at Parliament
- Attended Children’s Health Care Conference December 8-10, 2019